Posted: 10:41 am Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
By Staff Writer
Believe it or not, this stuffed pasta is low in calories and high in fiber and protein. The generous serving size will leave you feeling satisfied, and the one pot meal makes for easy clean up.
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 2 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squashes, halved length wise and cut into ½ inch-thick slices
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated light four-cheese ravioli
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- In a very large skillet, combine undrained tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and the water; bring to boiling.
- Add zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, ravioli, and pepper. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and boil gently for 6 to 7 minutes or until ravioli is tender, stirring gently once or twice.
- Stir beans into ravioli mixture; heat through.
- Sprinkle servings with basil and Parmesan cheese
Heather Taylor is the Digital Brand Manager for Cox Media Group Athens and is an on-air personality for Magic 102.1. Each Skinny Dawg recipe is prepared, reviewed, and photographed by Heather prior to sharing with the Magic 102.1 audience.
Do you have any “skinny” recipes that you love? Send them to Heather.Taylor2@coxinc.com and they could be a featured Skinny Dawg recipe!