Posted: 9:54 am Wednesday, December 7th, 2016
You can’t go wrong when you combine chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing. You especially can’t go wrong when you combine them into a pasta dish that’s low calorie! This Weight Watchers recipe is easy to throw together and combines these classic comfort food flavors.
PREP TIME: 20 Min TOTAL TIME: 40 Min SERVINGS: 4
- 1/2 lb whole wheat penne pasta
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp light butter
- 2 large chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix ( 1/2 oz)
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Serve each plate of pasta with green onions and more bacon sprinkled over the top.
Heather Taylor is the Digital Brand Manager for Cox Media Group Athens and is an on-air personality for Magic 102.1. Each Skinny Dawg recipe is prepared, reviewed, and photographed by Heather prior to sharing with the Magic 102.1 audience.
Do you have any “skinny” recipes that you love? Send them to Heather.Taylor2@coxinc.com and they could be a featured Skinny Dawg recipe!