Posted: 7:51 am Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
By Abby Jessen
Everyone loves comfort food, but sometimes a traditional “comfort food” dish is not always the best for your waistline. This week’s Skinny Dawg recipe is low in calories and will satisfy those home cooked cravings. Bubble Up Enchiladas are extremely easy to prepare, and make for a quick weeknight meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 16 oz can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
- 1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* Brown turkey and drain
* Mix can of enchilada sauce in with cooked turkey and put into greased casserole dish
* Take can of biscuits and divide each one into fourths. Add to turkey mixture.
* Cover mixture with cheese
* Bake for 25 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through
Heather Taylor is the Digital Brand Manager for Cox Media Group Athens and is an on-air personality for Magic 102.1. Each Skinny Dawg recipe is prepared, reviewed, and photographed by Heather prior to sharing with the Magic 102.1 audience.
Do you have any “skinny” recipes that you love? Send them to Heather.Taylor2@coxinc.com and they could be a featured Skinny Dawg recipe!