Posted: 11:17 am Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
By Abby Jessen
This week’s Skinny Dawg meal comes from Athens Refrigeration. This Jenn-Air recipe for Chicken & Mushroom Quesadillas is super flavorful and a great week night meal that can be thrown together quickly.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
Calories Per Serving: 384
- Olive oil Cooking Spray
- 2 ½ Teaspoons chili powder
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 Oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ Cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 2/3 Cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ½ Cups grated reduced fat Cheddar Jack cheese
- 16 8-Inch flour or 5 1/2 –inch corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Coat large skillet with olive oil cooking spray
- Add chili powder, garlic, and oregano. Sauté approximately one minute.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix in chicken, onion, and cilantro. Cool 10 minutes. Mix in cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush olive oil on one side of eight tortillas.
- Place tortillas, oil side down, on large baking sheet. Divide chicken mixture evenly between tortillas and spread to cover. Top with remaining tortillas, press together, and brush top with olive oil.
- Warm skillet or grill pan on medium high heat. Place tortillas on hot skillet or grill pan and cook until heated through and golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Heather Taylor is the Digital Brand Manager for Cox Media Group Athens and is an on-air personality for Magic 102.1. Each Skinny Dawg recipe is prepared, reviewed, and photographed by Heather prior to sharing with the Magic 102.1 audience.
Do you have any “skinny” recipes that you love? Send them to Heather.Taylor2@coxinc.com and they could be a featured Skinny Dawg recipe!